Monday, May 13, 2019

Why I lied to Nick about having a fiancé

    The reason that I lied to Nick about having a fiancé is because I couldn’t be with him anymore. He was always brooding after Gatsby died I knew that he meant a lot to him that his death affect Nick the most but he change in some way that even I can explain. Before Gatsby’s death he was fun a little uptight but never the less fun to be with, fun to go to parties with, and made me have a good time. He was mad at me for not going to the funeral but with all the accusations that had been flying around about Gatsby I couldn’t afford to go, he was a crook, a con artist, accused of having an affair with a woman, and most importantly he was a murder.
Nick was so obsessed with this man that he could never see how he could harm the others around him. I had trusted him with my friend thinking that his money could get her out of a bad marriage, thinking that she could be more than just a little fool with him. I know know that i should have never tried to get the two of them back together, that if i had never done that things would be different.
Therefore when Nick found me that day and asked if I was with anyone I said yes that I was engaged because it's better than being with him. He would always make me think of my mistakes and the people I lost. Then again he would be the only one that would be able to make me happy and have to be truthful, but I know that neither of those thing can actually happen, not after how I helped Gatsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment