Monday, May 13, 2019

What I was thinking when Gatsby died

    When I heard the news of Gatsby’s death I couldn’t believe it. This man had always been fo filled with life, with love I didn’t think that it was possible for him to die. My second thought was does Daisy know. She loved so much I knew better than most because of how much she confided in me, how much she truly loved Gatsby. After they got together she would only talk of him, his parties, how much she wanted to get away from Tom. Now this man who was going to save her from all of this was gone and there was no coming back from this.  
After I had thoroughly thought about Daisy it crept into my mind what about Nick. While I would never tell him this I held a great deal of affection for him and I knew that he admired Gatsby greatly. The Gatsby was Nick’s only true friend that while he was a liar just like me he was one of the only true men in this city which is what Nick liked so much about him. Gatsby while with all his faults was a good man a heart and the world is a worse place not having him in it. Gatsby was a man filled with life and secrets which is what made him such a blast to be with because you never truly knew what was the truth. It was beautiful that way, he was beautiful that way.                

No comments:

Post a Comment