Tuesday, May 14, 2019

What I was feeling when Gatsby died

When Gatsby died I felt my heart stop beating in my chest. I couldn’t breath, for once I was truly without words. I was sad for my friend who passed too soon from this world because of how he always made this world a better place in it. I felt pain for the pain that his death will cause Daisy and Nick to feel and pain of not being able to grow closer as a friend to Gatsby. While he might have been a crook was a good man who in the very end did everything for Daisy, for love, and that is what made him such a good man.
I felt pain in knowing that his death could have been prevented. I also felt angry that his murder had no real right to kill him because he wasn’t having an affair with Myrtle, and Daisy told me the truth that she accidentally killed the woman. I was angry at the world because if he was to kill anyone then it should have been Tom. He was the one who was undeserving of Daisy and he was the one who hit women.
I felt that our friendships would crumble after this. There was no more secrets or lies to tie us all together, only my own lies that I have made. I felt that without Gatsby that Daisy had no real purpose for living. I think that when she didn’t know if he was dead or alive it was better for her because she could still hope he was out there. I could feel the anger in Nicks voice and how much this has change him. The he was no longer the same gentleman that I fell in love with but one who has been change by grief and death itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment