Tuesday, May 14, 2019

What I was thinking when I learned that Gatsby was the man from Daisy’s past

When Gatsby’s butler came up to me in the middle of the party I had been drinking and was thinking that I would be in for a great surprise or a terrible event would occur. I had hear all the rumors about how he had been a murder and I had was a little scared for a moment. When I finally came into the study he was standing broodingly by the window, I had been think that maybe I wasn’t going to me murdered. Then he started to talk and it was clear to me that that was all that was all that we were going to do.  
When he started telling me the story his and Daisy’s past I could see the love in everything that he did for her. That his whole life was surrounded by the idea that one day he would be with Daisy. The more he told me about his plan to get her back the more I thought about how this could have affected Daisy. She while only for a short period was in love with Tom she did one love him. I also thought about how she has a child with him and is married to him. I was thinking of all the ways that this could go horribly wrong and also all the ways that it could go so well. I had been thinking about how Daisy could find out how I helped end her marriage and hate me for it, she was my only true friend. I also at the same time was thinking about how much she loved Gatsby. I was with her when she knew him as a young soldier and how madly in love with him she was and how heartbroken she was when she couldn’t marry him.

No comments:

Post a Comment